Aromatherapy is based on the ancient art of healing through the use of essential oils and massage.
Essential Oils are pure aromatic essences which have been distilled or extracted from various flowers, herbs, spices, trees and fruit.
The oils are highly concentrated in this form and have specific healing properties.
Mixing the Oils
After consultation, and in accordance with the needs of the individual, particular essential oils are chosen and mixed in a base or carrier oil allowing for safe dilution and maximum absorption of the oil and its beneficial properties.
How Aromatherapy Works
Once prepared the oil is then carefully massaged onto the skin.
The powerful aroma stimulates ones sense of smell which in turn has a direct effect on the mind and nervous system which can be stimulating, balancing and uplifting.
The properties of the oils are also gained from the absorption of the oil through the skin into the blood stream. The essences, once absorbed, circulate to the various internal organs and systems of the body they are associated with.
The benefits of the oils combined with the quality of massage create this uniquely relaxing and pleasant form of holistic therapy.
Aromatherapy improves general health by encouraging the body's natural healing activities. Having a direct effect on the mind and body, Aromatherapy is equally beneficial as a relaxing massage or for specific medical conditions.
The Benefits of Aromatherapy
- General relaxation and tonification.
- Relaxes muscular tension and improves flexibility and suppleness in the joints.
- Calms and balances the mind bringing about a feeling of clarity and positivity.
- Regulates the function of the circulatory, immune, hormonal, and nervous systems.
- Stress and related illnesses
- Muscular tension, aches and pains
- Joint problems
- Anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Menstrual problems
- Skin conditions
Guidelines for Clients
- To gain the most benefit from the treatment:
- Avoid heavy meals or alcohol immediately before and after treatment.
- Do not have a bath for 6-8 hours after treatment.
Application of oils is directly onto the skin.
- If applicable, have details of current medical diagnosis and any medication you may be taking.
- Treatment sessions last one hour. This includes discussion time.
- Frequency of sessions will vary depending on individual clients needs.
Costs and methods of payment can be viewed here.